Congratulations to the five churches in our presbytery that were certified as Earth Care Congregations through February 2023 by PC(USA)’s Presbyterian Hunger Program.
- Westminster Church (Charlottesville), certified since 2014
- Madison Church, certified since 2018
- Second Church (Richmond), certified since 2020
- Bon Air Church, certified since 2021
- The Presbyterian Church (Fredericksburg), first certified in 2022
Started in 2010, this program inspires churches to care for God’s earth in a holistic way, through integrating earth care into all aspects of their church life. This year, 292 churches committed to the program.
Learn how to participate by downloading “Earth Care Congregations: A Guide to Greening Presbyterian Churches.” While the annual enrollment/recertification period is January 1-February 15, you can begin now to track and add to your commitment to earth care in the areas of worship, education, facilities, and outreach.