The Committee on Nominations is beginning its process to consider candidates to serve as the 2022 vice moderator of the Presbytery of the James. I am asking your help in bringing to our attention possible nominees who, in your opinion, would provide effective service in this important position.
As in past years, we expect the vice moderator to be prepared to serve as moderator in the following year (2023). Unlike past years, however, in an attempt to be more inclusive, we are not limiting our consideration of nomination for this position by gender. We invite any interested Minister of Word and Sacrament in good standing with the presbytery to apply.
When considering someone for the position of vice moderator, it will be helpful to keep in mind the responsibilities of the moderator, which include the following:
- Openness to God’s vision for the life and work of Presbytery of the James
- Moderating three Stated meetings as well as any called meetings (knowledge of parliamentary procedure)
- Serving as an ex-officio member of the Mission Council
- Being available to serve on Ordination and Installation Commissions
- Being available to represent the presbytery for other ecclesiastical functions
Nominate yourself or someone else using the online form.
The deadline for nominations is July 1, 2021, after which the Committee on Nominations will contact nominees to arrange an interview with the committee. The Committee is currently meeting by Zoom conference call.
The committee solicits your prayers and suggestions as we seek the right person to provide leadership as vice moderator of the presbytery.