- This event has passed.
Mission, Ministry, and Money Workshop for Small Churches
October 5, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
POJ invites leaders of small churches to a workshop and lunch on mission, ministry, and money. This event continues the learning, collaboration, and networking started with the small church forums sponsored by the Presbyterian Foundation. RSVP to Deborah Rexrode if you plan to join.
Participants will discuss the following:
• What is our most important mission as a congregation?
• How can we be more focused on our mission?
• How do small membership congregations fulfill their mission?
• What is your congregation’s unique call to ministry?
• What ministry or ministries does your congregation do well?
• How can that ministry be enhanced and sustained?
• How is money received in your congregation? What are some new ways to receive money?
• What is the main source of income in your small membership setting?
• How is money discussed in your congregation?
• How do we decide how to use our money and resources?
• What are some ways to approach money that is transformative and focuses more on sufficiency and less on scarcity?