Lead Presbyter for Vision and Collaboration
Flo Barbee-Watkins has oversight of the presbytery office, staff, budget, and ministries. She also serves as staff liaison to the Committee on Preparation for Ministry.
A native of Atlanta, Georgia, Flo received a Master of Divinity with an emphasis in homiletics and Christian education from Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary. In 2020, she earned a doctorate in education in organizational leadership from Northcentral University.
Throughout her ministry, Flo has served the Church with heart and soul in a variety of ways.
For 18 years she was the pastor of Seigle Avenue Presbyterian Church, now known as “the Avenue,” in Charlotte, North Carolina. She is a 20-year veteran of the US Air National Guard, retiring in 2017 as deputy-wing chaplain. Most recently, she was the transitional general presbyter for Presbytery of Detroit.
Her resume also includes the following highlights:
- The first African American clergywoman moderator of Presbytery of Charlotte, elected in 2013.
- Former co-moderator of PC(USA)’s Advocacy Committee for Women’s Concerns.
- Former member of the Presbyterian Mission Agency Board.
- Certified Core Values facilitator.
- Adjunct faculty in homiletics.
Flo is married to Montressa Barbee-Watkins and they have one adult daughter. Flo’s hobbies include cooking, grilling meats, golfing, travel, and camping in her RV. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.