Presbytery of the James will convene a special meeting via Zoom at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 9, 2022. The virtual meeting room will open at 6:30 and a brief orientation will occur at 6:50. We project the meeting will end at approximately 8:00 p.m.
Please direct all questions or concerns as soon as possible to Barbara Espigh, associate for administration and support. Barbara can be reached via email (preferred) or at 804-262-2074, ext. 301.
The meeting is called to hear recommendations by the Presbyters Search Committee.
Review the meeting packet below in advance of the meeting.
- Agenda and reports (PDF, 231 KB)
Additional information about the candidates recommended by the Presbyters Search Committee will be emailed to registered voting members around 7:00 p.m. on August 8. Please review this information in advance of the meeting and keep it confidential until after the presbytery votes August 9.
Registration for this meeting closes at noon on August 8. Each voting member attending should register with a unique email address and log in to attend using a unique device (computer, tablet, cell phone, or telephone). This allows us to count each attendee's vote.
When registering, please select the appropriate role:
- RULING ELDER COMMISSIONERS are elected by a church’s session to attend the meeting as a voting commissioner.
- If you are not an/the elected ruling elder for your church, please register as a GUEST.
- Ruling elders who are not commissioners to this meeting should register as GUESTS.
- Visitors should register as GUESTS.
- Observing members of other presbyteries (both teaching and ruling elders) should register as GUESTS.
- Guests do not vote on presbytery actions.
Once you have registered for the meeting, you will receive an email confirmation, which will include a link to join the meeting. Save that email - you will need that link to join the meeting.
Ruling Elder Roster
Clerks or ministers should provide the name(s) of commissioner(s) elected by the session to represent the congregation to Barbara Espigh. Send the name(s) of elected commissioners to Barbara by August 8 at noon.
If you think you might have any connectivity problems at all, please contact Barbara Espigh at the POJ office as soon as possible. We will work with you to try to solve any such problems you might have.
Prepare for this meeting by completing the following:
- Elect ruling elder (RE) commissioner(s) and provide RE commissioner name(s) to Barbara Espigh
- Teaching elders (TE): request an excused absence, if needed, by emailing Franklin Reding
- Review the meeting packet in advance
- Update your version of Zoom to the latest
- All attendees: register by noon on August 8
- Log in/call in to Zoom between 6:30 and 6:50 p.m. on August 9