Need a grant for your grassroots group?
You could be eligible for a grant from the Presbyterian Committee on the Self-Development of People:
- Are you involved in a community growth project based on human dignity and self-reliance?
- Are you a working partner in a low-income, grassroots group searching for long-term solutions to systemic problems that keep people poor and oppressed?
- Is your project or program controlled by those who benefit from the collective effort?
- Does your program empower those involved in the project?
- Can you tell us why you need additional funding?
If you can answer “yes” you may be eligible to apply for a grant from the Presbyterian Committee on the Self-Development of People. No denominational connection is required.
Attend a FREE community workshop to learn more
Learn about grant opportunities from SDOP at a workshop on Thursday, September 21. Discuss your grant project idea with an SDOP representative and get immediate feedback. Space is limited, so register early.
SDOP Grant Workshop Sessions
If you are not available to participate in this event, contact SDOP to coordinate another date to meet. Virtual options available.
September 21, 2023
11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Presbytery of the James
3218 Chamberlayne Ave.
Richmond VA 23227
There is no fee for this event, but registration is required. Registration closes September 15.
Qualifications for grants from the Presbytery of the James SDOP (applicants must operate within the geographic boundaries of the presbytery)
After reviewing the information linked above, if you still have questions about this event or SDOP grants: Contact Lamar Lockhart, moderator of the Self-Development of People Ministry, for more information. Email SDOP