Registration deadline extended to April 22.
There is much to celebrate for the ways in which women in our congregations have carried out the purpose of Presbyterian Women (PW) over these past three decades. We invite you to our pearl anniversary celebration during the annual Spring Gathering on Saturday, May 4 at River Road Presbyterian Church in Richmond.
8:30 a.m. - Registration with refreshments (Saunders Hall)
9:30 a.m. - Meeting (sanctuary) which will include
- Presentation on the 100th anniversary of Presbyterian Children's Home of The Highlands
- Annual business meeting
- Election of leadership team
- Recognition of those joining the Church Triumphant in 2018
- Closing Worship with Holy Communion
- Hymn: "Lift Thine Eyes" from Mendelssohn's oratorio ELIJAH
2:00 p.m. - Conclusion
- Elaine Alderman moderator, PW Synod of The Mid-Atlantic
- Roxann Porter Churchwide PW National Board of Directors
- Fred Holbrook interim general presbyter, Presbytery of the James
- Billy Rice executive director, Presbyterian Children's Home of The Highlands
- Zac Carter development officer, Presbyterian Children's Home of The Highlands
- Ray Roberts pastor, River Road Church
- Andrew Whitehead associate pastor, River Road Church
Share your pictures and mementos
Congregations are invited to share pictures and other memorabilia at this gathering to celebrate mission work and programs of Presbyterian Women. Bring memorabilia to the gathering. Email pictures to moderator Jayne Sneed by April 25.
May 4, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
River Road Presbyterian Church
8960 River Rd, Richmond, VA 23229
Presbyterian Children's Home of The Highlands (PCHH) in Wytheville, Virginia will be the recipient of this gathering's mission offering. Billy Rice, executive director of PCHH, will highlight the home's mission as it celebrates its 100th anniversary throughout 2019.