Mission Council has called a meeting of the presbytery for Thursday, April 20, at 7:00 p.m.
The 225th General Assembly (2022) proposed changes in the language of the Book of Order that, if approved, will amend the PC(USA) Constitution. Presbyteries must submit their affirmative or negative votes on these proposed changes by July 2023. Therefore, Mission Council has called a meeting to vote on the amendments. The meeting will be held on Zoom only.
Please direct all questions or concerns as soon as possible to Barbara Espigh, associate for administration and support. Barbara can be reached via email (preferred) or at 804-262-2074, ext. 301.
Review the meeting packet below in advance of the meeting.
- Registration (PDF, 151 KB)
- Agenda and Reports (PDF, 262 KB)
- Book of Order Amendments (PDF, 975 KB)
(also available in Korean and Spanish)
The virtual meeting room will open at 6:30 p.m. for all guests. An orientation for all attendees will occur at 6:45 p.m. The moderator will call the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Registration for this meeting closes at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 19. All attendees must register by this date to participate.
Participants will receive log-in information for Zoom immediately after registering.
When registering, please select the appropriate role:
- RULING ELDER COMMISSIONERS are elected by a church’s session to attend the meeting as a voting commissioner.
- If you are not an/the elected ruling elder for your church, please register as a GUEST.
- Ruling elders who are not commissioners to this meeting should register as GUESTS.
- Visitors should register as GUESTS.
- Observing members of other presbyteries (both teaching and ruling elders) should register as GUESTS.
- Guests do not vote on presbytery actions.
Once you have registered for the meeting, you will receive an email confirmation, which will include a link to join the meeting.
Ensure you complete the following to prepare for the meeting:
- Elect ruling elder (RE) commissioner(s) and provide RE commissioner name(s) to Barbara Espigh
- Teaching elders (TE): request an excused absence, if needed, by emailing Franklin Reding
- Review the meeting packet in advance
- Update your version of Zoom to the latest
- All attendees: register by April 19 at 4:00 p.m.
- Log in/call in to Zoom between 6:30 and 6:45 p.m. on April 20