Presbytery of the James will convene the 112th meeting in person at Westminster Church in Richmond and via Zoom at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
Please direct all questions or concerns as soon as possible to Barbara Espigh, associate for administration and support. Barbara can be reached via email (preferred) or at 804-262-2074, ext. 301.
Review the meeting packet below in advance of the meeting.
- Registration and necrology (PDF, 180 KB)
- Agenda and reports (PDF, 1 MB)
The meeting will include sermons from two ordination candidates. The candidates will preach concurrently in separate break-out rooms. As part of the registration process, attendees may choose a candidate to hear preach.
Nomination of a candidate for stated clerk, reading of the necrology, and the sacrament of the Lord's Supper also are part of the meeting agenda. (Virtual participants: remember to have your communion elements on hand to participate.)
Those participating in person may check in beginning at 8:30 a.m. The virtual meeting room will open at 9:00 for virtual guests. An orientation for all attendees will occur at 9:15. We project the meeting will end at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Registration for this meeting closes at noon on Friday, October 14. All attendees must register by this date to participate; late registrations are not permitted.
During registration, please indicate whether you plan to participate in person or via Zoom. This helps meeting organizers coordinate appropriate resources. All participants, whether they plan to attend in person or virtually, will receive log-in information for Zoom as a precaution.
When registering, please select the appropriate role:
- RULING ELDER COMMISSIONERS are elected by a church’s session to attend the meeting as a voting commissioner.
- If you are not an/the elected ruling elder for your church, please register as a GUEST.
- Ruling elders who are not commissioners to this meeting should register as GUESTS.
- Visitors should register as GUESTS.
- Observing members of other presbyteries (both teaching and ruling elders) should register as GUESTS.
- Guests do not vote on presbytery actions.
Once you have registered for the meeting, you will receive an email confirmation, which will include a link to join the meeting. Use that link to join the meeting if you are participating virtually. Disregard the link if you are attending in person.
Selecting in person or virtual participation during registration does not lock you into that option; we understand circumstances may change between the date you register and the meeting. If registration is still open, register again to override your previous choice. If you wake up feeling under the weather on the day of the meeting, but still wish to join us, we will welcome you via Zoom.
Notes for In-person Participants
Westminster Church is located at 4103 Monument Ave, Richmond, VA 23230.
Persons with disabilities will find the facility accessible. The accessible entrance is the door at the back of the church near the office.
Health & Safety
Masks are required unless you are speaking to the body at a microphone.
A limited amount of parking is available in the alley behind the building. Additional parking is available on the streets around the building, including on Monument Avenue.
No child care is available at this meeting.
Bring your own bagged lunch or snack.
Download the packet to your laptop, tablet or other device prior to arriving at the church. Refrain from connecting to the Wi-Fi to reserve maximum bandwidth for POJ staff and volunteers running the virtual side of the meeting. We appreciate your cooperation.
Ensure you complete the following to prepare for the meeting:
- Elect ruling elder (RE) commissioner(s) and provide RE commissioner name(s) to Barbara Espigh
- Teaching elders (TE): request an excused absence, if needed, by emailing Franklin Reding
- Review the meeting packet in advance
- Update your version of Zoom to the latest
- All attendees: register by October 14 at noon
- Log in/call in to Zoom between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. on October 15
- OR arrive to Westminster Church by 9:15 a.m.